£52,000 - £56,000
Source Solutions are working with a leading engineering business in the offshore industry, operating a fleet of sophisticated DP vessels globally, recruiting a Fleet Chief Engineer, to be based from home on rotation. This is a diverse role covering multiple facets including vessel management, training and group communications.
The role will see the successful candidate based from home working away on a 2 week on/off rotation. Whilst working, the role will be predominantly vessel based.
The Fleet Chief Engineer will be a crucial link between ship and shore ensuring that the business is maintaining succinct and consistent communications company-wide. He/she will tune into morale on board, promoting and assisting with employee surveys.
As well as providing this valuable function, the Fleet Chief Engineer will also be involved in the completion/supervision of essential audits and inspections as required in terms of vessel management, including:
- Vessel readiness
Other areas of involvement will be:
- Specification writing and supervision of drydockings
- Attending FMEA, DP and sea trials where necessary
- Leading incident investigation
- Assist with HSE matters and act as Project HSE Rep when necessary
- Training of on board engineers
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Class 1 Chief Engineer CoC (Unlimited)
- Have sailed to Chief on board DP offshore vessels carrying out projects worldwide
- Possess previous experience within vessel management or any other applicable shore based capacity
- Be experienced in the carrying out of DP and FMEA trials and, ideally incident investigation
- If possible, possess certification in ISM auditing, CMID inspections
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK